Tuesday 4 March 2014

Retro sketch challenge

 

I have been settling into a holiday rhythm over here. I wake up at the same time with my Culinary Consultant and pack his lunch while he gets ready to go to work. I then make myself a cup of coffee and some breakfast (which might or might not be a waffle with jam most mornings) and check my RSS feed. Having had almost no crafting time yesterday thanks to the amazing sunshine and a lot of gardening work, I immediately got really inspired by this blog post from Laura Mackie's blog which linked to the Retro Sketch challenge and decided I want to block out some crafting time today. I'm not usually very inspired by sketch challenges, but this design was just so incredibly cute, I couldn't resist. This is what the sketch looks like. Head over there to see some incredible creations using the sketch by clicking the picture.


I thought a super cute sketch deserves a super cute stamp set so I stamped the dragon and frog from Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After onto water colour paper and coloured with Tim Holtz distress markers and an Aqua-Flo brush. I used a mix of crafting papers to create the banners, and used the cute hears and stars from the stamp set to create the top banner and inked around the edges in Blushing Bride. I die cut the sentiment using a die from the Stampin' Up Chalk Talk set, and finally attached the cute little critters using dimensionals. Last but not least I added some bling to the frog king's crown. 

Aren't these guys the cutest ever??

Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi and Blushing Bride.
Markers: Tim Holtz distress Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Spiced Marmelade
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After
Cardstock: Craft UK kraft card, Daler & Rowney 190gsm watercolour paper, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white cardstock
Paper: Stampin' Up Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP, Dovecraft Princess Fairytale 
Other: Stampin' Up adhesive gems, Stampin' Up Chalk Talk framelits, Hobbycraft heart boarder punch, Aqua-Flo brush