Saturday 14 June 2014

Blossom graduation card



When I saw this amazingly beautiful card from Peg Coombes I knew I had to recreate it for one of the graduation cards I'm making. I love the flower stamps with matching punches, it's so easy and quick to create an impressive card, much quicker than die cutting. I like the cascading fold and the flowers all over the edges. Still the card fits in a normal size envelope. I also love the understated neutral colours which make the card very elegant.

For this card I used Stampin' Up Whisper White cardstock for the base and stamped the flowers in Sahara Sand. After punching them out I added Ranger Ice Stickles in Coffee Ice in the middle of the flowers for a little understated bling. I heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder onto Crumb Cake cardstock, and die cut the letters using a Tim Holtz die from the same card. After assembling the card I stamped a matching envelope.

Card folded and the envelope
Card: Stampin' Up Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Tim Holtz Embossing Ink
Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Shop, Petite Petals, TPC Studio Graduation Clear stamp set
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Inside Out alphabet die, Ranger Ice Stickles in Coffee Ice, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, Stampin' Up Pansy and Petite Petals punch

No comments: