Thursday 30 June 2016

STAMPlorations 3rd Birthday Blog Hop Day 2


Welcome to the second day of the STAMPlorations 3rd Birthday Blog Hop. We are celebrating with new product launches and a great linky party too.



It wouldn't be a birthday party without prizes to win, and there are plenty of those! All prizes are randomly drawn and there will be prizes for commenting on the STAMPlorations blog and design team's blogs, prizes for liking, commenting, sharing and tagging a friend on the STAMPlorations Facebook page post and prizes for creating and linking up a party/celebration/birthday project based on the mood board below. For more info see the STAMPlorations 3rd Birthday Blog Hop post.




For my card I started by stamping the sentiment in Versamark using Sketchy Alphabet and balloons from Balloons and Banners. I heat embossed all stamped images in white powder. Then I played with my Distress Inks to create the background and the splatters. Last, I added the second line of the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Balloons and Banners, Sketchy Alphabet
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet
Other: Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

37 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome water coloring!

Larisa said...

Gorgeous card,wonderful colouring and colours.

Dee Earnshaw said...

amazing looking card. Love the splashes of water coloring behind the word and images:)

Suchi said...

Great burst of water colors!!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous water coloured background and loving the white embossing against it x

McStamper said...

Love your water coloring.

conil said...

Ooooh, that watercolor is just gorgeous. It so enhances your balloons and sentitment.

Craftyfield said...

Love the watercolour effect!

Marianne said...

Oh, love this! Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog and thanks for reminding me to include the challenge graphic. Totally forgot. It also reminded me to link up with the theme and sketch challenge. I guess my card fully fulfills the 'stamps' criterium lol.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very artsy - love it!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Great use of the watercolor. Perfect color choices. TFS

Anonymous said...

Love the water colour effect. Great card.

nancy littrell said...

Love your splotches of watercoloring with your open images. So colorful and fun. TFS and Happy Birthday STAMPlorations. Hugs, nancy

Karthikha said...

Gorgeous watercolor effect! Love it!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Watercoloring is awesome.

Denise Bryant said...

Love your color combo on this pretty card!

New Creations said...

Awesome watercoloring, love this pretty creation with sketchy Happy!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Fun watercolor birthday card...love it..

SD pooja said...

Indeed a Happy card !

Gail said...

Stunning background!

Arianna Barbara said...

Such gorgeus project!!! Love the watercolour effect!!!

Helen Gullett said...

What a fun and festive card with that stunning background! Love it!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your watercolour background!

Unknown said...

you just can't go wrong with a distress background!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Ok, I just have to try this look/technique -- it's fantastic!

Jerrie said...

Love your super fun birthday card!

Daria Z. said...

This is a super fun card - it just makes me happy!!

Glennis F said...

A wonderful card - I love that effect

Jessica Lin said...

Such a colorful and fun card. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

More gorgeous! Love it!

Deepti said...

Beauty yet again and I love those colors :)

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the colours.
Valerija xx

Taunya Butler said...

What a fun and way colorful card - love the white embossing on the white!! Such a clever way to make a card!!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

I love the colours you picked. It is awesome happy card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cheery and colorful. Great watercoloring of the design.

AlisonC said...

This is so cool. The colours blend so beautifully, you have a real talent.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous! What a beautiful background! I love these colours together!