Friday 24 March 2017

Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


I'm super excited to be part of Spring Coffee Lover's blog hop. STAMPlorations is one of the super sponsors of the hop and we got together with a bunch of ladies from the STAMPlorations DT to have some crafty fun with the gorgeous new STAMPlorations coffee themed stamps and dies. What a gallery of gorgeous spring inspiration! And as usual there will be lots of prizes to be won as well so don't be a stranger and make sure you play along. You can easily find all the Coffee/Tea themed products in the STAMPlorations shop under the Coffee/Tea Lovers category. And don't forget you will get 20% off at checkout if using the discount code STAMPGIRLKAROLA.





I love coffee. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm sipping a latte which one of my colleagues treated me to. A nice cup of coffee just makes life so much nicer, doesn't it? Or maybe even a cup of hot chocolate from time to time, if you feel really decadent... For my spring themed coffee projects I had the pleasure of playing with the most fantastic Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket designed by the talented Shery herself. Shery, it's like you painted a picture straight out of my dreams - coffee and donuts. I just can't control myself around donuts, I could eat them all day every day! 

I started by stamping the beautiful spring basket onto watercolour card using Versafine Onyx black ink and coloured the image and the sun halo around it with Gansai Tambi watercolours. I die cut the sentiment twice using the new Hello Sunshine phrase die which I absolutely adore. It inspired the colour choices for my card. I created a matching bookmark using the Coffee Donut Row Border stamp on a tag I die cut from watercolour card using one of the Luggage Tags Nesting dies at the top. I added a ribbon from my stash to keep with the sunny yellow colour scheme. Now it's your turn to show us your beautiful coffee and spring inspired creations!



Card: 300 gsm Daler&Rowney watercolour card, scraps of dark brown and yellow card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket, Coffee Donut Row Border
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Dies: CUTplorations Hello Sunshine Phrase Die, Luggage Tags Nesting Dies
Other: Ribbon from my stash


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes. If you have any questions or problems, just let me know!

22 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Funtastic.
Love the shading behind the
cups and the basket of treats.
thanks for sharing.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

D.Ann C said...

SO fun! I just need a gift basket like that!!

Amy A said...

Such cute makes Karola! Loving the bookmark! Hugs!

Shelly said...

These are beautiful!

Mom and wife. said...

Love the idea of having a basket of cups .. very cleaver

Rosy Newlun said...

Very sweet matching card and tag. I love the basket as well as the backgrounds!

~amy~ said...

Hello Sunshine! Love that fabulous card and tag. The yellows make it so springy!

New Creations said...

Love the basket, so pretty!

Becca Yahrling said...

Lovely card and sweet tag.

Cynthia Cole said...

Sweet coffee themed card and tag!

Nikki said...

Sweet card and tag set

Fikreta said...

so nice!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card and tag look so wonderful and I love the yellow sponged background on them. Pretty spring colors.

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like the yellow background on both.

Hetty said...

Such great stamps made into a beautiful card and tag.

Lisa said...

Love both of these! Those images are awesome and you've really colored them beautifully!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this gorgeous image and the way you colored it! So cheerful!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful tag and card!!!

Karenladd said...

These sunny designs are just the thing to brighten someone's day. Love the color washed background

Helen F. said...

Love that fabulous card and tag!

Helen Gullett said...

Oh love that card and tag a latte!!!!