Monday 7 May 2018

Mother's Day Flower for Grandma


May is my favourite month. I know I'm a bit biased as my birthday is at the end of the month - but I still think it's the best month of the year. The garden is gorgeous, nature is in full bloom, the weather is turning nicer with promises of summer. And of course, the two bank holidays! I couldn't have asked for better weather for the first one of the two. We had our first BBQ of the year, first pitcher(s) of Pimms, lots of gardening, lots of ice cream, sunshine and unfortunately also the first slight sunburn of the year (don't forget to add that SPF).

I also managed to find a little sliver of time in the craft room while hiding from the midday sun to try to avoid further sunburn to create a Mother's day card for my grandma. I was inspired by the gorgeous inspiration image over at Daring Cardmakers - I was inspired by the large flower, the pink ombre, hand lettering and gold stars. I was also inspired by the beautiful floral image over at Inspired by All the Little Things and the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. Last but not least I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is ombre. 



I started by inking Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Ink through the Peony Number Two ARTplorations stencil. I then splattered the card with water, and pink and yellow ink. I also inked a bit of Mowed Lawn ink around the edges of the card. I die cut three banners using a Lawn Fawn die and hand lettered the sentiment (it says Happy Mother's Day in Finnish). Last I die cut some stars from gold glitter paper for a finishing touch. 

Card: White card, scraps of rainbow card and glitter gold card
Ink: Mowed Lawn, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Ink
Stencil: ARTplorations Peony Number Two 
Other: Lawn Fawn Extra Sentiment Banners dies, dies from Stitched Journaling card and Critters ever after die sets


9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch and on the inspiration photo!

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch! That stenciled bloom is gorgeous!

ginadapoohcards said...

Such a pretty card! I love stencils and this is one of the prettiest stenciled cards, it inspires me so much.

Barbara said...

So beautiful! Stencil bloom is fabulous! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

KimCreate said...

Very pretty card and perfect for Grandma. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things.

Anna-Karin said...

This is so pretty! I love that big flower. You are the lucky winner of our gift voucher at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, for the ombre challenge. Congratulations!! Please send an email to the challenge email adress (you can find it in the sidebar of the blog) and make sure to include your full name, so that we can get the voucher to you. Thank you so much for joining us! / Anna-Karin

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with Inspired By All The Little Things!

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful inking on that huge floral stencil :) Thanks for joining us at Inspired BY All the Little Things!

Erica A-B said...

Beautiful card! Simple and elegant. May is my birthday month too, it's a brilliant month isn't it??