Monday 24 September 2018

When Life Gives You Lemons


I have been meaning to have a play around with my new STAMPlorations Layered Citrus for a while and when I saw the challenge over at Fusion I knew I had to play along. First I was going to re-create the inspiration image with yellow and orange fruit and the green leaves, but I thought I could also use green to stamp some limes to complement the oranges and lemons. I stamped the outlines of the fruit in Distress Oxide and then used the layering stamps to fill in the fruit with lighter shades of Distress Ink, masking as I went along. I stamped the first part of the sentiment in Versamark on black card and heat embossed in black and stamped the second part directly onto the fruit. 

Card: white 200 gsm card, scrap of black card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Layered Citrus
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Lucky Clover, Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron
Other: Wow white embossing powder


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

2 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your layered citrus is so pretty and I love the vibrant and beautiful colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Jeanne J. said...

Smiling at that sentiment but it's the citrus that caught my eye ! I love all the different colors together - a perfect take on the challenge!