Thursday 11 October 2018

Little Birdie Told Me...


I needed a card to congratulate a colleague on the upcoming arrival of a little one but was short of inspiration. Luckily I stumbled across the colour challenge over at House of Cards and realised they will work perfectly with one of my favourite baby card stamp sets, Tweet Love. I was also inspired by the animal theme over at Make My Monday.


I stamped the cute little giraffe and tweetie bird in Versafine onto watercolour paper and watercoloured them. I layered a few different greens and added some green splatters to create a background before die cutting with Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Dies and stamping a sentiment from Tweet Love . I added some really old Stampin' Up patterned paper onto a card base before attaching my panel to the card and added a few adhesive gold pearls to finish.

Card and patterned paper: White 200 gsm card, 250 gsm watercolour paper, old Stampin' Up patterned paper from my stash
Stamps: STAMPlorations Tweet Love
Ink and Colouring: Versafine Onyx Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: STAMPlorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Dies, adhesive pears from my stash


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.


No comments: