Monday 8 December 2014

Viva La Verve one sheet wonder 1


The challenge over at Viva La Verve for the month of December is to make four cards from one 6x6 in sheet of DSP. There is a nice diagram on how to cut the DSP and four sketches, one for each week. I loved the neutral colour scheme in the DT sample, so I decided to go with something similar. I chose to use the Stampin' Up All is Calm DSP along with heat embossed christmas ornaments. This is my first card out of the four. I'm also linking up over at Crafty Creations Challenges where the theme is embossing and at Christmas Card Challenges where there is a colour inspiration in hues of green, brown and grey. 



I embossed the background cardstock and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I cut out the pieces from the DSP and inked the edges of each piece using the same ink. I stamped the christmas ornament in Versamark and heat embossed using copper embossing powder. I die cut the ornament and inked the edges. Last, I die cut and inked a snowflake, and added some pearls. I stamped the greeting on the inside of the card as I couldn't find a good way to incorporate a sentiment on the front of the card. 


Card: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
Stamps: Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes and matching dies, KaiserCraft Merry Christmas stamp
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Paper: Stampin' Up All is Calm DSP
Other: Stampin' Up Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, All Occasions Snowflakes dies, Stampin' Up Basic pearls

9 comments:

Willeke said...

Love the colorcombination you have used here !
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
Hugs
Willeke

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How beautiful! Love that textured embossing and the soft, elegant feel to your card. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha (DT)

Heather said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossing on the ornament. Thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

JoAnn said...

Love your card and the embossed background and pretty ornament.

JoAnn said...

Oops, forgot to say thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!! Thanks for playing at CCC this week!!

Sue Crease said...

Wonderful

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a wonderful creation! I absolutely love your card! what a sweet Christmas wishes card. Stunning designs and layout. Happy crafting.

Hugs,
Nancy