Friday 6 March 2015

Sympathy for a furry loss


My colleague and friend recently lost a furry friend. I wanted to make her a card to say how sorry I was for her loss. I didn't want to make an overly dramatic card, so I thought this was the perfect time to pull out my newly purchased Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper pad and use the sweet small heart pattered paper. I was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I really loved the long and narrow shape of the sketch, it's nice to make something a bit different from time to time. I'm also linking up with Addicted to Stamps where the theme is CAS and Craft-Dee BowZ where Anything Goes as long as it has a handmade bow.
Card: 300 gsm white card
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, Chubby Chums
Ink: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
Other: Grey ribbon from my stash

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend's pet and what a wonderful way to support your friend with this card! Love the paw prints and your take on the long style sketch! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Julie B said...

What a great way to show your support for your friend's loss. Love the understated dp and the paw stamped strip.
Thanks for linking up at ATSM. :)

Neets B said...

What a lovely thought to show your support to your friend. I love the little row of paw prints and that paper is lovely. I have that LF pad, it's gorgeous isn't it? Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

Cindy Hall said...

Awww, I'm so sad about the loss of your friend's pet. What a nice way to let her know you care. Great card for such a purpose. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

Gail said...

What a nice thought to make a sympathy card for a pet that has gone over Rainbow Bridge. This chokes me up since my beagle recently went out and went over the Bridge while lying out on our patio. This card is so thoughtful. The simplicity of it is perfect for this type of occasion. I like your bow, too, and I know this card will be appreciated. Sniff Sniff. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ. Hugs, Gail