Monday 14 March 2016

Easter Calla lilies


I was working out in the greenhouse on the weekend, and after turning the soil over for about a minute, I was sweating all over. That is a clear sign that spring must be on it's way. It was lovely to feel the sun, even though it was only warm inside the greenhouse - outside I still had to put my jacket back on. But it was lovely to enjoy a bright and sunny day, and I think my cheeks caught a few rays of sun as well, they feel nice and warm. 

Another thing that's quickly speeding towards us is the chocoholic holiday that is elsewhere known as Easter. I'm not big on sending Easter cards, but happy to use the excuse to create some flower themed cards. This particular one has a greeting in Finnish, so you will just have to take my word for it, but I promise it says Happy Easter in Finnish. I used the lovely Calla lilies from Stampin' Up set Remarkable You and coloured with my Gansai Tambi watercolours. All stamped and coloured in one single layer using nothing but two stamp sets and watercolours. It doesn't get much more clean and simple that that.



I'm linking up with the following challenges:
AAA Challenges - Easter
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Little Bit O'Green
Allsorts - Spring is in the Air
My Time to Craft - Flowers 
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes with twist Easter



Card: 300 gsm watercolour card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Remarkable You, Lawn Fawn Violet's ABC
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black and Memento Tuxedo Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours


8 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

love callas, love purple, love CAS so prettymuch perfect if you ask me ;-) well done!

Aileen said...

Beautiful callas, the watercolouring is wonderful. I struggle to keep my watercolouring CAS, its like a buzzer goes off in my head that says 'go for it Aileen, don't stop till everything is bright and covered'. Maybe I should try putting just the one or two flowers on the card like you have done.

brenda said...

A beautiful floral creation, many thanks for joining our Spring theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A striking, elegant and Springlike bloom! Perfectly CAS card and perfectly coloured image. Thanks for sharing and playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Mervi said...

Ihana kukkaleimasin ja upeasti toteutettu cas kortti.
Kiitos kun tulit mukaan Allsorts haasteeseen;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi PinkUnicorn - just came over from AAA Cards where I saw your gorgeous Calla Lilies. I think you've totally nailed a CAS design - it's so pretty!
Hugs, Helen x

Notations of a Crafter said...

Stunning card! Thank you for sharing and entering the The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Debs DT