Saturday 11 June 2016

Flamingo-a-go-go


Happy Saturday! I have finally managed to create a card, after at least two weeks out of the craft room. I've said it before and I'll say it again - working full time really poo-poos any attempts to enjoy the fun things in life. I have also lately been busy in the garden as the weather has finally turned a bit more summer-y which is lovely but is definitely time away from the craft room. And I had to take some drastic measures as I wasn't able to zip up my jeans any longer, so I've spent quite a bit of time in the gym and out running. And food prepping - after all weight loss is 90% about the nutrition. So I stand in my kitchen all evening, prepping salads and veg for the next day. Somehow all of this combined has left zero time for crafting! 

Getting back in the craft room was hard - just as getting back to the gym is hard. You need to exercise your crafty muscles to keep them active and I had to really work hard to be able to create anything. Luckily there were a few great challenges to help me get going again. First and foremost I was inspired by the flamingotastic inspiration image over at House of Cards. They have a end-of-term blog hop, there are a few more days to go so make sure you get flamingo-a-go-going and hop the hop! I'm also playing along with the sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. I'm also linking up over at Sweet Stampin' where the theme is 3 Or More Layers and That's Crafty where the theme is In The Pink.



Card: 300 gsm textured white card, gold mirri card
Stamps: Your Next Stamp Fred and Ginger
Ink and colouring: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stripey Backdrop, Say Cheese, Scripty Hugs
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Meadow

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

OH my gosh, LOVE! This card is just SO fun--amazing! I adore the polka dots-and your coloring is stunning! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Rosmarie said...

I LOVE your funny flamingos - they look so beautiful in the golden polaroid frame!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.
Good luck!!
Hugs, Rosi

Cass said...

Fab funky card. Great bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Fab funky card. Great bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's a great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Monika Reeck said...

I love the image the coloring is fantastic and your polkadots sentiment ooh I love it
I never did it I always choose white or black paper for DIES sentiment this bring me an idea
many thanks and your card is cuutee
many thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this time
Hugs
Monika (DT Member)

Leslie said...

Fabulous project with many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the House of Cards End of Term Blog Hop with Photo Inspiration!
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT

kartkadopolski said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards June challange

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
DT House of Cards