Tuesday 6 December 2016

Snow Much Fun Pop-Up Card


I have had the very cool Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Pop-Up die on my desk for a while but haven't gotten around to using it. Which is a shame as I absolutely adore the cards I have seen with this die. I thought it would be perfect for a wintery snowy scene inspired by the Let It Snow theme over at Lawnscaping challenges. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is Christmas Gifts, Time Out where the theme is Christmas (I didn't take the optional twist of glitter/shimmer this time) and Winter Wonderland where the theme is Frame It/Night Scene. 


I started by stamping all the cute little critters, colouring and die cutting them. Then I created the snowy backdrop and hillside scene, and placed the little critters out in the snow having fun. It all looks quite intricate but it was actually really simple to do. The pop-up hills just make it look really cool without much effort at all. Last, I added a sentiment using the Scripty Merry die and a sentiment from Joy to the Woods. I also created a cute little penguin image for the front of the card using Perfectly Plaid Christmas paper for the background. 
Front of the card



Card: 250 gsm white card, dark blue card, scraps of red and green card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together and matching dies, Joy to the Woods
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Snowy Backdrop, Forest Border, Stitched Hillside Pop-Up, Stitched Hillside, Scripty Merry, Scalloped Rectangle, Extra Banners, Stitched Circles
Other: Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Christmas 

5 comments:

sandie said...

This is a fabulous design and super cute images. Thanks for joining Time Out

Anita in France said...

Such an adorable winter scene, Karola ... the dimension is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Kath Stewart said...

your winter scene is just adorable...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Macarena said...

The card is very cute. I love the scene and the fresh colors. Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Macarena!

Cindy said...

Adorable pop up card. So fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.