Monday 11 September 2017

An Apple a Day


It's sods law that I managed to strain my back today. First day of two weeks of holiday! I was sorting out our loft, getting rid of all the empty cardboard boxes up there (why we felt it was a good idea to save all the cardboard boxes from our move is beyond me...) and after I finished, my upper back started to feel like someone was jabbing a knife into it, just next to my shoulder blade. So now I'm sitting comfortably in the conservatory, all drugged up with painkillers, unable to do pretty much anything besides read or type. Hoping this will be sorted with a few paracetamol and a good nights sleep as I have plenty of stuff planned for the next few weeks, mostly involving sorting out the loft, garage, garden, you get my drift... I need my body to fully co-operate with me. I'm too young to have this happen to me (is what I keep telling myself).

Luckily I'm still able to type up posts, if not creating new cards. Today's card was created before my close encounter with the empty cardboard boxes. It's inspired by the image over at 4 Crafty Chicks, who are also having a Guest DT call. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is Stamp It, Paper Sweeties Challenge where the inspiration image also had fall produce on it, with Use Your Stuff where the theme is Fall Is In the Air and Color Inspiration where anything hand coloured goes.





For my card, I stamped the beautiful apples from STAMPlorations Be Thankful in Versafine Onyx Black and watercoloured with Distress Inks. I die cut the sentiment twice from red and yellow card and overlapped them slightly and die cut the panel using one of the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle nesting dies. Last, I inked Vintage Photo through the ARTplorations Weathered Wood stencil and added the front panel to the card.

Card: Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour card, 250 gsm white card, scraps of red and yellow card
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Festive Berries
Stamps: STAMPlorations Be Thankful
Dies: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting dies, Thanks word die
Stencil: ARTplorations Weathered Wood


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes. 

4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

ADORE the coloring! So rustic and beautiful! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stamp It” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

SweetScraps said...

Lovely work on your apple cart card, it's just perfect for our Fall challenge at Use Your Stuff!

Leanne said...

NIcely done and thanks for entering our challenge and the GDT call please stop by the blog and check it out. Congrats!

Leanne DT/4 CC

Tina Campbell said...

Love the coloring :) Hope your feeling better. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and my challenge this week there :)
Tina-DT