Thursday 4 October 2018

October STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Black


After a summer break, the STAMPlorations CAS challenge is back! I'm so excited to get back to making CAS inspired creations and seeing what you create. The rules are the same as they always were, you can create using any product you want as long as you create a CAS card. Remeber to link back to the main challenge post on the STAMPlorations blog and to include the challenge graphic in your post to be eligible to win the monthly prizes. 


This year we are doing things a bit differently as we will no longer have a mid-month inspiration post, just the main post on the first Thursday of every month. Just as there has always been, you will find an optional colour twist which I love using just to push myself a bit.

This time the optional colour twist is black, and I thought why not change things up a bit and use black card. I have bought a small set of Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, inspired by all your fabulous pencil colouring out there on the Interwebs. I used to admire other people's beautiful colouring on black card, but the non-brand colouring pencils I had didn't really work on black card and I used to wonder what I was doing wrong. Well, I can tell you that using real artist's pencils is what made the difference! These work like a dream, although I still need to learn to use them... I'm already dreaming of a bigger set as I only have 12 colours at my disposal at the moment. But that is just about enough to colour the beautiful Blossom Sprays #1 stamp, and I heat embossed a sentiment from Noteworthy 2 in white.

Card: Black 200 gsm card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Dee's Artsy Impressions Blossom Sprays #1, Noteworthy 2
Ink and Colouring: Tsukineko Versamark, Faber Castell Polychromos
Other: Wow Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder 

STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.


3 comments:

nancy littrell said...

It is wonderful, Karola reading your description of how you beautifully colored your Blossom Sprays #1 with your Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. I need to use my prismacolor pencils more often. TFS my friend. Hugs..

BożenA said...

This card is great, I love the color on black. It looks so dramatic!
Thank you, Karol, for the wonderful comment and for drawing my attention to the fact that there is no link and appeal to the challenge in my post. During the work, the software was updated and it caused that I did not finish saving the changes in my post. Thank you and best regards,
BozenA

Harriet Skelly said...

You had great success with your new Polychromos!! This is gorgeous! I need to try this technique. Hugs, Harriet