Sunday 2 December 2018

Two Quick Holly Cards


More Christmas cards! It is, after all, the biggest card event of the year, right? I've been on quite a roll making Christmas cards lately, which left my desk in what could either be described as creative disarray... or maybe just chaos? I finally had to admit defeat and clean it as I wasn't able to make any more space for crafting. When I dug into the archeological layers of all the stuff that had accumulated on the desk, I found a panel I had stamped using the lovely Layered Holly but which had never been developed further. 

With less than a month to go until C-day, I thought every useful piece of crafting should be used and therefore die cut two pieces from the panel using Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies. For the first card, I simply added a black banner with one of the lovely sentiments from Layered Holly heat embossed in white. I then attached everything onto a warm red card base. I absolutely love the pretty sentiments in this stamp set.


For my second card, I die cut the Holiday Words plate die twice - once from red and once from black card. I think the black die cut really makes the sentiment really pop due to the contrast.

The cards were inspired by the holly-laden holiday treats over at The Card Concept (for the CAS style). I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and Craft Rocket Challenges where the theme is Christmas is Coming. 


Stamps: STAMPlorations Layered Holly
Card: Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, red and black card from my stash
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Abandoned Coral, Barn Door, Tsukineko Versamark
Other: Wow White Embossing Powder



Last chance to use my code STAMPGIRLKAROLA to get 20% off products in the NEW RELEASE and 5x7 STAMP CLUB categories and to get a free metal die with your order from theSTAMPlorations store. Offer is good until November 30th, after which the offer code will still be valid for the discount but you will not be eligible for the free die.

3 comments:

Susan Powell said...

These are both super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so festive and fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on The Card Concept this week!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fantastic clean and simple card. So very cheerful and perfect for the holidays. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.