Tuesday 2 April 2019

April STAMPlorations TAG challenge - Recycling


Happy April! Are you experiencing the proverbial April showers? Hopefully you have April flowers rather than showers, I don't see why April flowers couldn't be followed by May flowers! If you are still missing the spring flowers, here is a tag filled to the brim with flowers for you, and for the April STAMPlorations TAG challenge. Our theme this month is recycling.


I started by covering a tag I created using Stitched Tags Nesting Dies in recycled tissue paper. I have started ordering my loo roll from a company who do plastic free, recycled toilet paper and they donate a part of their profits to build toilets. The paper comes wrapped in brightly coloured tissue paper which is perfect for crafting - I used two different striped patterns to cover my tag. I then stamped my flowers using Bloom Doodles onto white paper which had some unsuccessful previous stamped images on the other side of the paper. I try to use the other side of the paper/card if this happens. Waste not, want not and all that. If you colour your images in darker colours with Copics, the stamped outline won't show through from the other side. I die cut the sentiment from a scrap of dark blue card from my UFO pile using Thanks Word Die. Last, I added some ribbon which I rescued from a chocolate box. Do you hold on to all ribbon you find as well, accumulating loads of it but never getting around to using it? If you do, the April STAMPlorations TAG challenge is a great opportunity to use up some of that ribbon. Or any other recycled bits and bobs! 

Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Doodles
Dies: CUTplorations Thanks Word Die, Stitched Tags Nesting Dies


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

No comments: