Tuesday 28 April 2020

STAMPlorations Inspiration


Hello! Thanks for stopping by here today. How are you holding up? I think I'm ok, except when I'm not. My coping strategy seems to consist mainly of baking. Lemon drizzle cake, jam cake, rolls, bread, chocolate brownies, cookies. You name it, I've baked it in the last six weeks. But I'm sure you didn't stop by for baking tips as today is also Tuesday which of course means a new STAMPlorations Inspiration post. 

My project today is a whole lot more mixed media than I usually do. I spent some time the other day creating a whole big bunch of backgrounds using Distress Oxides. I wasn't quite sure about colour combinations, so I just wrote down all colours I had on small slips of paper and randomly drew colours. It was quite fun to see how things turned out. I used various scrap pieces of card, the reverse sides of failed card fronts and other random stuff from my UFO box. 

For today's card, I picked one of the backgrounds I liked, stencilled the main image in black Distress Oxide using Faces: Lovely Stencil and die cut the panel using Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies. I then used a white Gel pen and the Hearts All Over Mini Stencil and a pink Sharpie to add the hearts to her hair. Last I added a sentiment which I think is quite timely right now, from Bloomdala Bliss onto a scrap piece of another Distress Oxide panel. I added a strip of washi tape to the card before attaching the panel. 


As always, if you feel like commenting on the main STAMPlorations Inspiration post and the designer's posts, you will be entered into a draw to win a $10 gift certificate. Hope you have a crafty day!

Stamps: STAMPlorations  Bloomdala Bliss
Ink and colouring: Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, White Gel pen, pink Sharpie



4 comments:

Jean said...

Simply gorgeous!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Incredible backgrounds! i LOVE that image!

Germaine said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how you used two different stencils to achieve the look! Great job!

Dana M said...

Fantastic card! Super cool background.