Friday 14 November 2014

Poinsettia card


The inspiration for today's card is the first inspiration sketch for November from Viva La Verve. It also comes with a colour combo, so all the inspiration you need to create a card. With a colour combo of green, red and kraft, of course it had to be a Christmas card. I think I'm starting to build up quite a good stash of Christmas cards by now! I was also inspired by The Card Concept where the theme is Krafty Christmas, and I think the style would be Freestyle Collage.



I used a selection of papers from Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas collection and matted onto beige cardstock. The poinsettia is a digi from Fred She Said (I have also used it here). I coloured the poinsettia leaves with Old Olive Blendabilities and Copics, and added a rhinestone in the centre. I stamped the sentiment inside the card.

Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card beige
Stamp: Digi Fred She Said FSS-Poinsettia & Pine Boughs, Dovecraft Tis tthe Season S'Jingle
Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red
Colouring: Stampin' Up Blendabilities Old Olive, Copics R24, R46
Paper: Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas 
Other: Papermania Adhesive gems capsule sunshine

2 comments:

Yoonsun Hur said...

Oh-So-Lovely poinsettia card!! Great layout and colouring. Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful poinsettia! Gorgeous card.