Friday 16 January 2015

Friday is CAS day

 

Here we are again, the best time of the week. Friday evening, as far away from the doom and gloom of Monday morning. The entire glorious weekend ahead. Time to relax, craft, clean, maybe do some sports, take a long hot bath, pretty much whatever you like. 

I had a lovely end to my work week this time. Our whole team went for afternoon tea to Peacocks Tea Room in Ely. If you are ever in Ely, I cannot recommend the place enough. It's just unique. Such an beautiful place with friendly service, delicious food and an enormous selection of teas served from china cups and beautiful tea pots. I had a Chocolate Dream Cream Tea with a Chocolate Scone with whipped cream, a chocolate brownie and a very interesting tea called Chocolate Imperial. It was so delicious. 


After driving home from Ely and miraculously not getting stuck in any bad traffic, I had time to put together today's very CAS card. It was inspired by the great sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and ColourQ. I used a stencil and distress ink to create the border and used my new die for the "happy". I also got myself some sequins. Originally I wasn't very keen on sequins, but I have to say they are starting to grow on me. I'm also linking up at Creative Knockouts where the theme is Birthdays, Fab n' Funky challenges where the theme is Something New (new sequins), The Sisterhood of Crafters where the theme is Anything Goes with a twist - use a new crafting stash (again, the sequins) and Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is to use ink to create a background.



Card: Leonardo Stationery 200 gsm white card, coloured 240 gsm card Pink Sorbet
Ink: Tim Holtz distress ink Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Other: Ranger Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley Shattered stencil, Stampin' Up Hello You thinlits, sequins from my stash


8 comments:

Claire said...

Fav take on the sketch and a wonderful way to use the colours...your afternoon tea has made me feel very hungry! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Darlene said...

So glad you had a wonderful end to a work week ... always makes for a nicer weekend! Your CAS card is fabulous (believe it or not, I STRUGGLE with CAS) and you've certainly inspired me tonight!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES with a TWIST – use a new craft item’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the sketch! I love the softly shaded colors and that big ol' sentiment! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Kim Heggins said...

Ok, before I get on to your card I have to talk about your visit to this wonderful Tea House. I have to say I was so disappointed to find out that it is in England and not here is California. So so disappointed. I love going to tea and this place looks so amazing.
Your card is just stunning and I love your masking technique, so beautiful. Enjoy your weekend, sounds like you have lots planned. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous CAS style card love the colours and sequins, thank you for joining our challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week
hugs
lorraine x

Hannelie said...

Awesome job with the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

Denise Goeldner said...

Striking CAS style card.
Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Creative Knockouts
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}