Sunday 1 May 2016

The gold at the end of the rainbow

I have managed to pull a muscle somewhere in my back, and I'm currently confined to slow movements and not sitting or lying still for too long as my back stiffens up and becomes outrageously sore. So right now I'm sitting in our conservatory which is nicely warm from the sunshine, in the most comfortable chair we have, enjoying the pain killers kicking in. I think this puts an end to my crafting time this weekend. A reminder that I'm not getting any younger and that it's certainly time to get back to the gym again. 

Before I regressed to the mobility levels of a 90 year old I managed to create a card using some backgrounds from my stash box. I love my new Paper Smooches Criss Cross Background die, so I had to create something with it almost as soon as it popped in though my mail box. I started by die cutting the background from a panel I created way back when using Distress Paints and smooshing technique. I die cut the Criss Cross Background from gold mirri card. For the sentiment, I picked another rainbow panel I created previously and die cut it using a banner die and stamped a sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set and heat embossed it it white. 

The inspiration for this card was the new rainbow challenge over at Paper Smooches, the colourful inspiration pic over at Sunny Day Crafting as well as the graphic rainbow coloured inspiration image over at Pinterest Inspired Challenges (I'm loving all the rainbow themed challenges around lately, as rainbow is my all time favourite colour). I'm also linking up with Shopping Our Stash where the theme is Think Ink.



Sunny Day Crafting inspiration image
Pinterest Inspired Challenges inspiration image

Card: 300 gsm white card, 300 gsm watercolour paper, gold mirri card
Ink and colouring: Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Paints
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Other: Paper Smooches Criss Cross Background die, Lawn Fawn Everyday Banners and Stitched Rectangles dies, Stampin' Up Basic Adhesive Rhinestones, Papermania Seafoam White Embossing Powder





6 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting!
DT Janis

Lorrie said...

Really cool card! Hope you get to feeling better :)

Scrap Shack Designs said...

What a great card! I love how you used the photo inspiration and created something so fun and unique. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunny Days. - DT Jen

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool! I love your take on the inspiration photo!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love the gold! Great card! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Sunny Day Crafting.
Stacey
Stacey’s Creative Corner
Sunny Day Crafting, DT Member

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a FABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBULOUS rainbow card! I LOVE the gold criss cross die on top! Amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3