Saturday 30 April 2016

Adorable pink flower


We were finally able to do our first barbecue of the year today. A selection of sausages, burgers, sweetcorn and Jamie Oliver's mozzarella and bacon skewers all went down a treat along with some sweet potato wedges baked in the oven. And the best thing is that there are leftovers galore!

I'm very happy to have been able to spend some time in the craft room today while the Culianry Consultant took care of cooking. I managed to catch up on some DT assignments and created a few cards just for the fun of it, inspired by a few new purchases like the Paper Smooches Adorable Array die I used for this card. I was inspired by the card over at Muse. I'm also linking up with the following anything goes challenges: Tuesday Throwdown, Jade's Sparkling Butterflies and Crafting with Friends.  

I started by randomly watercolouring the background using Distress Inks, finishing by flicking some splatters on the background. I die cut the flower from various leftover pieces of coloured card. I stamped a sentiment onto a banner and attached it to the card base before assembling all the tiny pieces of the die cut. For a finishing touch I added a few adhesive rhinestones.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour card, scraps of coloured card from my stash
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick
Other: Paper Smooches die Adorable Array, Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners, Stampin' Up Basic Adhesive Rhinestones

2 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Darling card, and spectacular in its simplicity! Really great to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. :-D Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Ardyth said...

Love the adorable pink flower and the pretty washed background! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!