Sunday 21 January 2018

Instead of Texting...

I've had a thoroughly unproductive Sunday. And not in that good "I'm just sitting here under my blanket with a good book and a hot cup of coffee" unproductive, but in the "feeling really horrible for no apparent reason" (suspecting oncoming cold...) unproductive. There are so many different bugs going around at the moment, I already had one earlier in the year. I've seen unusually many people as part of work lately, so probably got exposed to a fair bit of nasties. I'll just try to take it easy and I'm sure I'll feel better soon. Luckily I managed a card this morning before it all kicked off!

Today's card is inspired by two inspiration images - one over at Lawn Fawnatics and one over at Inspired by All The Little Things. From the first image, I was inspired by the reds and the pinks, the hearts and the red bokeh image, which I translated into sequins. From the second, I was inspired by the colour scheme of pink, green and white and the little birds. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is Birds of a Feather.


Card: white shimmery card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm watercolour paper, Neenah Solar white card, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark patterned paper
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Love Letters and matching dies
Ink and Colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Markers Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles Nesting Dies, red sequins from my stash


8 comments:

Christine said...

Absolutely love your card. Those birdies are darling. Sorry you're not feeling well. Prayers that you will fight off whatever is attacking.

Darnell said...

What a sweet card, Karola! It would be a wonderful Valentine and I applaud that sediment wholeheartedly! Thank you so much for joining Inspired By All the Little Things! I hope whatever bug is lurking near you is just a teeny tiny one!! Hugs, Darnell

Barbara said...

Super cute card, perfect for Valentine's day! Love the design and the colors you used! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

Ina G said...

Love Love Love this cute card Karola. Fabulous DP and pink background. Totally cool stamp set - genies sentiment. Hope you are feeling better soon and you haven't caught a nasty bug.

Joyce Heinen said...

This is a very prettu card, love the pink in the background. This is one of my favorite Lawn Fawn sets. Thanks for playing along with our Lawn Fawnatic challege!

Samantha Mann said...

first of all, i LOVE that stamp set! and I LOVE how you used it! the pinks and reds with it!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

francesca said...

lovely scene!! Thank u so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!! :)