Thursday 4 January 2018

January STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Anything Goes With Silver


I hope you have had a great start to the new year. I'm still recovering from Christmas, and judging by how hard it's to do up my trousers at the moment I am predicting a long and painful recovery. Did I mention I'm wearing a skirt right now? And eating leftover chocolate... Hi, my name is Karola and I have a chocolate abuse problem. Anyhow, maybe I can distract myself from stuffing my face by crafting? It's time for the January STAMPlorations CAS challenge! This time our optional colour twist is Silver. You can use any products you want, and remember that the colour twist is optional. The only rules are that you have to create a CAS card, and you have to link to the challenge graphic to be eligible for the prizes.


I was happy to move on from Christmas card production and use some light pastel colours for the new year. I used one of the fabulous new stencils from Sanna Lippert called Evolution. I inked through the stencil with Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide which blend so beautifully even on the cardstock I used which I have to admit is not the smoothest one. I then spritzed some water with a watercolour brush to oxidise the inks in splatters. I then stamped the sentiment from For the Birds and added some grungy borders from Mixed Media Elements in Versamark and heat embossed them in silver. 

Card: 250 gsm white card
Stamps: STAMPlorations For the BirdsMixed Media Elements
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Worn Lipstick, Tsukineko Versamark
Stencil: Sanna Lippert designs Evolution
Other: Papermania Silver embossing powder


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

No comments: