Tuesday 11 August 2020

STAMPlorations Inspiration


The week has flown by, and it's Tuesday again. And that, of course, means a new STAMPlorations Inspiration post. I'm continuing with my theme pairing a stencil background with the Bloom Doodles stamp set. This time I was inspired by the beautiful bright late summer flowers in my garden. I feel so grateful for all my beautiful potted plants, I have received some as gifts this summer, and the ones I got from the garden centre have flourished and all the colours make so happy every time I see them. 


I started my card by inking red and brown Distress Inks through the ARTplorations Brick Wall stencil and splattered some brown ink for added interest. Then I stamped flowers and leaves from the beautiful Bloom Doodles stamp set, coloured them with Faber Castell watercolour pencils and blended with water and a fine brush. I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and die cut a sentiment from black card using Everyday Sentiments Dies. Last, I arranged everything onto the brick background. I really like the colours of the watercolour pencils, it's really fun to mix lots of colours and then blend to see what the final result looks like.

Don't forget that by commenting on the Inspiration post you are in the draw to win a $15 gift code to the STAMPlorations store.

Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Doodles 
Stencils: ARTplorations Brick Wall 
Dies: CUTplorations Everyday Sentiments Dies
Ink and colouring: Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils, Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black




Don't forget to check out the August offers in the STAMPlorations store as you can get 25% off CUTplorations dies with code CUT25 and 20% off slimline stencils with code SLIMLINE20. For for more offers, visit the STAMPlorations Store Coupons page. For normal priced products, use my code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout for 20% off.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is the perfect stencil background for that focal image. Beautiful colors.

Dana M said...

Beautiful, rich and vibrant - amazing card!