Sunday 16 March 2014

Petal Parade in Rich Razzleberry and Coastal Cabana


I've been busy crafting this weekend, I believe the best cure for a cold is a good crafting session. And all the crafting challenges out there are a wonderful source of inspiration if you need to get your creative juices flowing. So, browsing the interwebs, I wanted to participate in the CAS(E) this Sketch #68 challenge. During the week, I had a quick play with my new Petal Parade stamp set just stamping randomly onto a sheet. I ended up making two cards from the stamped sheet. One for the challenge, and another just because I really love the colour combo of Rich Razzleberry, Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate. I often struggle with my colour combos, not liking them in the end, but I think this turned out rather good!


For the challenge card, I made a banner from the sheet I stamped and matted it onto Rich Razzleberry cardstock. I used a die to cut out the doily in Coastal Cabana and coloured the sentiment using markers and stamped onto white cardstock. Punching the small banners only took seconds with the banner punch and then it was just a quick job to attach everything to Smoky Slate card.

The second card has similar components but a different layout and a little bling added for good measure.

Inks: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate, Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock
Stamps: Stampin' Up Petal Parade, Yippee-Skippee! 
Other: Nellie's multiframes doily and circle die, Stampin' Up banner punch, Stampin' Up adhesive gems.

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty! I love that patterned paper and how you used it!

Jen W. said...

Love this colour combo and your stamped panel! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!