Saturday 26 April 2014

Modern Easter card



This card is completely copied from an amazingly lovely thank you card made by Pootles. I love the colours she used and I think Gorgeous Grunge is such a great and versatile stamp set. It was one of the Easter cards I sent this year, a bit different but I thought it worked quite well. But it would be easy to modify it to work for pretty much any occasion.

I'm not very good at CAS, so this card definitely was a challenge. And looking at it, I'm constantly tempted to add more stuff to it. But I will keep it as it is, and let it be simple and elegant. I stamped three stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge in Wild Wasabi, Smoky Slate and Early Espresso. I stamped the cute little bunny from the Perfect Postage stamp set. I punched a scalloped square from Wild Wasabi cardstock and then simply matted everything onto Early Espresso cardstock and attached to Whisper White carstock. Perfect entertainment for a relatively short weekday evening crafting session, but I do love to play with Gorgeous Grunge.

Inks: Stampin Up Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso and Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White, Early Espresso and Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge and Perfect Postage

No comments: