Thursday 3 July 2014

Dino baby


If you follow my blogs on Facebook, you may have noticed that I couldn't go away on holiday without taking just a little bit of crafting with me. I'm sure my fellow sun worshippers thought I was stark raving mad sitting there in my beach chair in my pink tankini colouring little dinosaurs. What can I say, mad as a hatter...

This card is inspired by this weeks The Card Concept challenge which is Oh Baby! My chosen style for this card is Clean & Layering. I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for inspiration. In addition, I'm entering this card into this week's Addicted to Stamps and More which is themed Make Your Mark, as I coloured the cute little dinos with markers and a blender pen. Last but not least, I'm also entering Stampin' Royalty challenge #235 which is "Keep it simple" as this is at least for my style a rather clean and simple card.

I stamped the dinos in black onto watercolour paper and coloured with Tim Holtz and Stampin' Write markers and a blender pen. I stamped two different heart stamps for the background. The smaller hearts are actually a lilac colour, but it looks grey on the picture. The sentiment is heat embossed using silver powder onto vellum. This card existed in quite a few different guises before it ended up as it did, I tried so many different papers for the banners, but this simple layout worked best.

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium Vellum, Silver grey cardstock I ordered off eBay and has no branding, Daler & Rowney 190 gsm watercolour paper
Paper: Stampin' Up More Amore DSP
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past, Critters Ever after, Paper Smooches A Little Lovin, Sentiment Sampler
Inks: Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, Tim Holtz embossing ink, Hobbycraft black pigment ink, Tim Holtz distress marker in Shaded Lilac, Stampin' Write markers in Soft Sky and Marina Mist, Stampin' Up Blender Pen
Other: Stampin' Up adhesive gems, Papermania silver embossing powder

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! Adorable baby card! Thanks for joining us at FMs!

Nora Noll said...

Totally adorable!! I love the vellum overlay with the silver and how you colored in those adorable dinosaurs!!

sandie said...

How fab to have coloured this on hols! And a great job too.,love the use of the vellum. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is just adorable - swoon! Great to see you playing with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Rahmat said...

Cute dino and your card is pretty, I like the bg too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Such a darling card! Love the vellum overlay sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept.

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love the cute dino baby! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week.

BTW - I think it's a super idea to take crafting stuff on holiday :)

Jen Brum said...

What a super sweet card! I love that mommy and baby dinosaur! Great colouring! Love the sentiment embossed on the vellum! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!