Friday 25 July 2014

Graduation card for Sis


After my marathon of making graduation cards for my Sister's friends, of course I had to make one for her too. I was somewhat short of ideas after making a total of eight graduation cards (links: card 1, card 2, card 3, card 4, card 5, card 6, card 7, card 8). After turning to the crafters best friend, Google and Pinterest, I thought this idea was great, so I adapted it to make my card.

I guess the picture says it all, I created all the components  freehand and fussycut with scissors. The name badge and NHS logo are printed using my ink jet printer and adhered to black cardstock. The white part of the card is actually a card holder, and the green bit inside is the card with the text on. It seems quite intricate, and while it took a bit of time and fiddling around to cut out the various parts, this is a really simple card as you only need a pair of scissors, some cardstock and adhesive to make the card. I think it turned out rather cool even if I do say so myself. It would also make a great holder for a gift card, come to think of it.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz, scraps of black and white card from my stash
Other: Buttons from my stash, Stampin' Up Adhesive gems

No comments: