Tuesday 9 September 2014

Christmas baubles


This is one of my designs for a Christmas card I have been mass producing. I think the key is a simple design so it doesn't get too tedious when you are on your 20th card, but at the same time there should be enough on the card not to make it boring. The Christmas Bauble has a matching die, so die cutting them was a joy compared to last years fussy cutting marathon (as I didn't have my lovely Big Shot last year). I'm being very frugal and using up some leftover papers from last year instead of buying new ones. I love buying new crafting stash, but at some point you also need to focus on using up your old ones and as currently due to some life events my crafting budget is a bit strained, I have a good excuse to focus on decimating those piles of stashed up paper.

I am entering my card into the Completely Christmas challenge where anything goes. I am also entering the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge where the theme is R, E or D. I have R for Ribbon, R for Red, E for Embossing (of the heat kind...), D for Die Cut. That should be plenty! The Holly Jolly Christmas blog is also on the lookout for new DT members, so if you like making Christmas cards all year round, maybe that would be something you would be interested in?





Card: Coloured kraft 240 gsm card Ruby Red, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Paper: Dovecraft Back to Basic Christmas Designer Paper Pack
Stamps: Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes, Papermania Urban Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Word Banner  
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Stampin' Up Real Red
Other: Papermania Tinsel Silver embossing powder, Stampin' Up Holiday Keepsakes dies, cream ribbon from my stash, red bows from my stash

2 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is a wonderful card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Great clean and simple design.
Cindy DT/owner

Meighan Wheller said...

Love die cuts that co-ordinate with stamps! A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly. Meighan DT