Thursday 18 September 2014

Fusion challenge - shiny pink


It should be fairly obvious why I love this week's Fusion challenge. I mean it's pink. And shiny. But I also love the juxtaposition of something so stereotypically male as a sports car with the bright pink colours. So I wanted to do the same with my card - use very typical male themes such as cars and steampunk gears but at the same time make it very feminine by using a bright pink colour scheme. And I love the combination of pink and kraft. Usually you see a much more soft baby pink combined with kraft, but I went for a really cold and bright pink instead just like the inspiration photo. I am also entering the card in this week's Pink Elephant challenge where the theme is embossing, as I have used both heat and dry embossing on this card. By the way, you have to go and check out the cool card by one of the TPE DT, Nance, who has used glow in the dark embossing powder. How cool is that?
For my card, I stamped the antique car using Versamark and embossed using Pink powder. It has a nice shiny look that doesn't come through very well from the photo. I dry embossed the background and inked using Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick distress inks, which I also used around the edges of the car panel. I die cut the star using my new Xcut dies, inked with Versamark and embossed using pink embossing powder. Finally I added a sentiment from Paper Smooches and some adhesive gems. I finished the card late yesterday so it was too dark for pictures, and today I raced the sunset on my way home, and almost made it.
The lovely shine from the embossing powder
 on the car and star don't show very well in the photos
 but it's really nice in real life.
Card: Craft UK kraft card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card Pink Raspberry, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous The Journey, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz distress ink Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo 
Other: Tim Holtz Steampunk Embossing Folder, Xcut Nesting dies star, Papermania embossing Powder Pink, Papermania Adhesive Gems Capsule Heather



1 comment:

Lyndal said...

Super cute pink car - love the gear background! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!