Saturday 3 January 2015

Purple welcome baby



This is just a quick crafting fix I needed between blogging, movie watching and game playing. I'm so sad my long holiday is coming to an end. I really don't want to go back to work... But I guess the mortgage won't pay itself so off I go to the salt mines again in just over a day.

This card was inspired by the colour combo over at Pals Paper Art. I also used the sketch over at My Favourite Things for inspiration. I'm also linking up at Cute Card Thursday where Anything Goes.


The card is pretty simple, I used a marker for the faux stitching along the edges of the DSP and sentiment banner. The cute critters are stamped using Memento ink and coloured with a watercolour brush and Wisteria Wonder and Chipped Sapphire ink. I don't know if I have a faulty Wisteria Wonder ink, but compared to the cardstock (which is also Wisteria wonder), it looks grey to me. The baby elephant is coloured in Wisteria Wonder, and you have to agree it's nowhere close to the colour of the cardstock. Oh well, I guess it's not the end of the world. I also stamped the cute kango in the inside of the card.


Card: Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Paper: Stampin' Up Gingham Garden
Stamps: Paper Smooches A Little Lovin
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder, Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire Distress ink
Other: Papermania silver embossing powder

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the giraffe peeking out over the top! Thanks for sharing it at PPA!

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute baby card. Love the sweet animals. So glad you joined us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Susan Itell said...

Adorable....just adorable! Your coloring is great and what a great way to welcome a new on to the world! I am sure that the recipient will keeo this in their baby book!