Saturday 18 April 2015

Watercolour Thank You

Today has certainly been a busy day. The sun was shining when I woke up, and isn't that just the best feeling ever! But with that beautiful, bright spring light came the realisation that the house really needed a thorough spring clean. Which is what I have been working on most of the day. I have vacuumed, washed, steamed, squeegee-d, scrubbed, wiped, dusted and whatever else. I also threw away a big binbag full of all that weird food that accumulates at the back of your fridge. Oh how I hate finding those jars which used to be something and now cannot be identified and also grow completely new life forms.

I also cooked a great big lasagne. And I went for a run, for the first time in ages. I'm in pain... Also, I realised it's probably not a really good idea to eat a big chocolate bunny right before going for a run. That bunny almost hopped it's way back out to daylight... is that to much information? Tomorrow will be a very lazy day, that's all I'm saying.

I did have time for a quick stint in the craft room. My thank you card was inspired by the great colour palette over at Color Throwdown. I was also inspired by the "Thank you" theme over at ShowCase Your Style. I'm also linking up with the Anything Goes challenge over at Inspiration Emporium. I'm also linking up over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers where the theme is Q is for Quick. The idea is to make a card in less than 10 minutes. I think this was more like 5... I really love this stamp set, it makes really impressive cards quickly and easily and it's very versatile also. 



Card: White hammered 300 gsm white card, kraft card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Seasonally Scattered
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Ranger clear embossing powder, home made enamel dots

8 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card. Love the heat embossed image with the watercoloring! Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, it sure doesn't look like a 10 min card, thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the Q is for Quick challenge.

Broni said...

That's such a neat stamp and it looks great over the watercolor background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Redanne said...

This really is a beautiful card - I don't think I could create a beauty like this in 5 minutes - very impressive! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month. Anne :)

Lori said...

Love the look of your emboss resist panel. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Really pretty. A nice elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our Q is for Quick challenge.

Lindsey said...

You obviously have superhuman speed... all that housework/cooking and this beauty of a card, too! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Donna said...

Fab take on the colour sketch! Love the colours and the design of your card! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "Q is for Quick" challenge!