Saturday 11 April 2015

Happy Amphibian Birthday


How is it possible that the weather is always totally sucky on weekends? Yesterday was beautiful, warm and sunny. Today it's pouring with rain, with the wind howling and grey skies. Blargh! But at least that means there is no option of gardening and I'm "stuck" in my craft room. And with all my recent Lawn Fawn goodies, I'm not complaining too much! I ordered the Scripty Sayings stamp set ages ago, but as it was sold out I had to wait forever and forever. So as soon as it landed on my desk, I just had to have a play. 

I just love this set, the sentiments are so beautiful. So I thought they deserve to be the star of the card, with just a little guest starring role from the adorable froggy from Critters Ever after and of course some gorgeous paper from Let's polka. I keep going through this paper, should have just ordered multiple packs to start with. The tiny hearts are my favourite pattern (obviously!!).


I already linked up once with the current Lawnscaping challenge here, but thought I could do better so this is my second card for the Dimension challenge. And this one indeed has layer upon layer! Which reminds me, I need to order more 3D foam pads. Can you order bulk from somewhere? I seem to go through them in no time... Confessions of a foam dot-aholic. I'm also linking up a second time at Addicted to Stamps where the theme is CAS. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is A is for... In my case A is for Amphibian (and in this case also "another submission" as this is also my second submission for this challenge. Seems to be the theme today).

Card: 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings, Critters Ever After with matching dies and Hats Off to You with matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzlebery, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi
Colouring: Copics G02, G05, G07, R43, Stampin' Write Tempting Turquoise
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle dies

8 comments:

Dana said...

Sweet card!! I LOVE how you stamped the sentiment multiple times and in a rainbow!!!

Karen M said...

Love your cute card with the rainbow sentiments:) Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

Rahmat said...

Cute and simple card.card . Love the color combination too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Samantha Casey said...

Adorable! I love the layout! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Lee-Anne said...

What a fun design! Love that adorable little frog and the repeated sentiment! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Such a super cute take on our dimensions challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Christiana said...

Very clever way of playing with your sentiment. I really like it! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!