Sunday 3 May 2015

Birthday Petals


I am the ultimate party girl. To celebrate Saturday night yesterday, I opened a bottle of cider. Half a bottle later, at approximately 8pm I was sound asleep on the sofa. I woke up after 10 pm thinking I will not be able to go to sleep at all, but snuggled up in bed nonetheless. About 30 seconds later I was sound asleep, not waking up until 8 am the next morning. I do know how to do a wild Saturday night...

I was going to clean the house today. Instead I have been gardening and hanging around in the craft room. I have re-potted my little herb seedlings and planted some parsley. Despite my efficiency in the greenhouse, I don't have much to show for my time in the craft room. I did mange to finish one card though. The card is inspired by the challenge over at Time Out. I love the colours in the picture, and obviously the card is inspired by the flower headboard, the colours in the bedspread and the black frame of the window. I was also inspired by the colours over at Colour Me...! and the sketch over at Retro Sketches.



Card: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card black and raspberry pink, 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: Stampin' Up Petal Parade, From the Herd
Ink: Tim Holtz disterss ink Aged Mahogany, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Tsukineko Versamark
Other: Stampin' Up Hello You die, Papermania Seafoam white embossing powder (coloured with Coastal Cabana Blendabilities), sequins from my stash



3 comments:

Shona Chambers said...

Your Saturday night sounds as wild as mine!! I was going to make some cards but ended up catching up on heaps of tv that I had recorded till 4am. Totally exciting!! Just love your card, all the colours and the stamps are so perfect for the challenge photo. And the swirly 'happy' die is gorgeous! So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!!

sandie said...

Why not have a Sat night like that! Your card is a delight, perfect stamping and love sentiment dies. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Unknown said...

So pretty and fun!! Also, your wild Saturday night sounds pretty much perfect to me! :) Thanks for sharing at Colour Me this week!