Sunday 22 January 2017

Hugs from Unicorns on a Cloud


I managed to steal some crafty time this morning, although sadly I have had to devote most of the day to cleaning rather than spending quality time with my stamps. Sometimes you just have to put on the big girls pants and get things done, no matter how much your stamps and dies are calling for you. The good news is that the house is now close to what you would call clean so I have time to type up this post and maybe even to create another card for another day! I felt like in these times of general unhappiness and worry we need a few happy and colourful unicorns on a cloud, they always make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too!

Today's card was inspired by three challenges: The gorgeous inspiration image over at The Card Concept (I would define my style as Clean and Layered), the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the Fantastic Beasts theme over at Shopping Our Stash. I absolutely adore the inspiration image - I chose to go with the colour scheme of bright pink and orange but also the fluffy white pillows made me think of fluffy white clouds. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is Chill Out - I think these unicorns are definitely chilling out on top of those fluffy clouds.



Card: 250 gsm white card 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Winter Unicorn, Critters Ever After and matching dies
Ink and Colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics R20, R43, RV29, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07
Dies: Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, Puffy Cloud Borders, Rainbow, Scripty Hugs, Stitched Rectangle Nesting Dies
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Mon Amie 

6 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun card ... I Love the Unicorns ... they are just too cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

A fun interpretation of the challenges, love the adorable little Unicorns and the bright color scheme you used. The rainbow in the background looks fabulous.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute take on the sketch!

Mimi said...

Well done! This is cute and bright and everything uplifting! Thank you for sharing with Shopping Our Stash this week! Here's to quality time with stamps :)

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch, super cute unicorns!!
Thanks for joining in the fun of fantastic beasts at SHOPPPING OUR STASH!!!

Maureen said...

Love the artistic license used on the rainbow! So effective! Thanks for joining us over on the Card Concept!