Tuesday 15 September 2020

STAMPlorations Inspiration


Happy Tuesday! It's time for this week's STAMPlorations Inspiration post. This week I am embracing autumn and the change in the colours in nature. I also decided to play a bit with mixed media and some techniques I don't use very often.

I started by inking my background in red, orange and brown Distress Inks. I then created ghosted images on the background using the leaves from Trendy Leaves, stamping with water to bleach the Distress Ink background. To create the colourful leaves, I used Distress Ink pads to ink up the stamps randomly and spritzed with a mini mister before stamping and fussy cutting the leaves. Last, I die cut a sentiment using Everyday Sentiments in dark brown, and then matted my card panel onto red card and then attached to a white card base. You might also have spotted the fun wonky grid I die cut into the background - it's a sneak peek of a new product which you will see more of soon!

Don't forget that by commenting on the STAMPlorations Inspiration post you will enter into a monthly draw for a $15 gift code to the STAMPlorations store.

Stamps: STAMPlorations Trendy Leaves
Dies: CUTplorations Everyday Sentiments
Ink and colouring: Tim Holtz Distress Inks
 

This month you get 25% off clear stamps using code STAMP25 and 15% off stencils with code STENCIL15  in the STAMPlorations store. Using my discount code STAMPGIRLKAROLA you get 20% off all non-discounted products! There is even a freebie of the month which you get totally free (as long as you pay for shipping).

3 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely card. Have those trendy stamps--like how you used them. Thanks for the inspiration-stay well.

Jean said...

Such a great card!

Esther Asbury said...

I love the gorgeous fall background you created on this awesome leaf card! Perfect!