Wednesday 18 June 2014

Dino-mite


I received a big pack of goodies from Simon Says Stamp the other day. I have been contemplating an order for at least a year so I though it might finally be time to actually go through with it. In this day and age of almost instantaneous deliveries form eBay, it was torture to wait for over a week to get my goodies. But it was totally worth the wait. It took so long to try and put together my order, my wishlist must have included pretty much every single Lawn Fawn and Tim Holtz product they stock... One stamp set I knew I just had to get is the Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past. This may be my favourite stamp set ever (together with Critters Ever After). The cute little dinos are simply the most adorable things, and every dino card I see makes me smile from ear to ear. I got the matching dies for the dinos as I thought it will probably be a while before I place another order. I may have to give my credit card a year or so to recover from the shock. 

I made this card inspired by the current Lawnscaping challenge with the theme stars and stripes. This might not be the type of stars and stripes they were thinking, but they are stars and stripes nonetheless. I coloured the cute dino and palm tree using Stampin' Markers. I created the background using heat embossing and Tim Holtz distress inks. I made the grass using the Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die, another Lawn Fawn die I really have coveted for a long long time. I added some faux stitching around the borders and die cut the sentiment using my trusty Tim Holtz alphabet die.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz cardstock, Daler&Rowney 190 gsm Watercolour paper, scraps of Stampin' Up cardstock for the die cut letters
Paper: Stampin' Up DSP Sunshine & Sprinkles
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past, Critters Ever After
Inks: Hobbycraft black pigment ink, Stampin' Writes in Basic Grey, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede and Wild Wasabi, Tim Holtz distress inks Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans, Tim Holtz distress clear embossing ink
Other: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past and Grassy Border dies, Ranger fine clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz alterations inside out alphabet die



1 comment:

Tamara said...

Love all the colors!! Fun card
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
xx Tamara