Saturday 3 February 2018

Feather Overload


I was going to clear out my crafting desk today. Instead, I have made a few cards and a much more horrible mess! Oh well, priorities, eh? Next, I'm heading into the kitchen to make buns which I'll fill with whipped cream and jam. We make them back home for Shrove Tuesday, but I didn't feel like waiting for another week so why not!

Anyhow, what about today's card? I was inspired by the inspiration image and sketch over at Fusion Card Challenge and the colours over at Color Throwdown to create this feathery card. I first tried to create the feathers using Vellum to get that stained glass look, but every time I tried to stamp on the vellum, the ink just wouldn't dry and made an absolutely horrible mess on the beautifully colourful vellum. So I went for plan b using card and Distress Oxides instead. I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes.
Card: White 300 gsm card, Hobbycraft 190 gsm white card, scrap of black card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Feathery 
Ink and stamping: Tsukineko Versafine, Distress Oxides, Distress Ink Hickory Smoke
Other: Papermania Seafoam white embossing powder, Dylusions Shattered stencil



STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I am loving those colorful feathers against the gray background! So pretty! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

Broni said...

Oh so pretty! I love all the colorful feathers! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Tracy Freeman said...

The feathers are gorgeous and love the background, so funky.
The buns sound yummy !!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Lyndal said...

Your gorgeous coloured feathers pop against the grey! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION! Hope to see you again soon.