Saturday 24 February 2018

The Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers - T is for Tissue


I am so excited to be guesting over at one of my favourite challenges - The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. I had so much fun playing with Becca's llamas for their F is for Farm challenge that my llamas won me the coveted crown of Queen of Snark which I have been wearing with great pride the past week (just imagine the looks I get at work...). The bonus prize is that I get to guest design with the fabulous Sisters for their new challenge themed T is for Tissue. You can see poor Edna feeling a bit under the weather with one of the many winter bugs we have had going around, I hope she feels better soon. I took the liberty to interpret the challenge in a slightly different way and decided instead that T is for Tissue paper Tutu!


I started by stamping one of the Flamingos from Lawn Fawn's Flamingo Together, colouring with Copics and die cutting using the matching die. I then took a few small pieces of pink tissue paper, layering them, glueing them together and scrunching them up to look like a mini tutu. Then I fussy cut the wing of the flamingo so that I could attach the tutu to the back of the wing. I also die cut the crown using gold glitter card and a die from Critters Ever After, adding some adhesive gems to it. I didn't have a stamp with the sentiment I wanted to use so I printed most of it onto white shimmery card and then stamped the word Pigeons using Violet's ABCs in Versamark and heat embossed in silver. Then I splattered some Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry ink onto the card and die cut it with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle. Last, I added the card front to some ombre pink/purple card, adding the flaming to the card front and decorating the layers of the tutu with Ranger Ice Stickles.



Card: White shimmer card, Hobbycraft 190 gsm white card, gold glitter card, ombre pink card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Flamingo Together and matching dies, Violet's ABCs
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After and Stitched Rectangles dies, Papermania silver embossing powder, adhesive gems from my stash, pink tissue paper from my stash, adhesive pink gems from my stash


6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

What a cute idea for the tissue paper, Adorable card, thanks for joining us as the Queen for this challenge.

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous card with so many lovely details to enjoy. Thank you for being a wonderful Queen
Jane

Dotty Jo said...

Thank you for being a wonderful Queen, you've totally done us proud with this little beauty, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Brilliant use of tissue and alliteration! A flamingo is just that much better when wearing a tutu! (And I love that you can make a photo backdrop that matches. :D! An excellent addition to the Sisterhood!

Donna said...

Fabulous card!
Love the wee flamingo!!
Thank you for being our reigning queen and guest for this challenge!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining the team this week.