Saturday 27 September 2014

Autumnal critters in the woods


I can't believe I missed the momentous milestone of 5000 page views on the blog. I have been looking out for it for a few days, and then life happened and it was really hectic and I forgot all about it and then we were up at 5093 already. Hopefully a bit more when you get to read this. Thank you all dear wonderful amazing people who keep checking out my blog. I would think it's pretty much my Mum, Sis, few select friends and all you DT members dutifully writing your inspiring comments. Thank you! 

Then on to my self control issue. I have no self control when it comes to the cute Lawn Fawn critter stamp sets. And when I say no self control, I mean "my credit card is hiding from me and wincing in pain" type of no self control. I might just have gotten myself another "early Christmas present". But seriously who could resist those adorable little happy faces? And if you get the stamp set, you might as well get the matching dies, because we get plenty of fussy cutting with those stamp sets that don't have matching dies, don't we? Am I right or am I right? Oh come on, indulge me here and say there's nothing wrong with spending money you don't have as long as it's on crafting gear. They will last me my whole life, right? Right? She said with a look of desperation on here face. Let's just all admit to it together. My name is [insert name here] and I'm an addict...

Expect to see plenty of cute critters in the near and distant future, because these babies are constantly on my crafting desk. It's a slippery slope though, because now I have realised I need much more Copics as well. I was watching a Youtube video of a lady who had bought herself the full set of all colours, and she made a video where she opened the shipment with the markers. And oh boy was I jealous, I would love to have all those little babies. But I think I have to settle for very slowly building my stash, one or two markers a month. So in 10 years or so I should have them all!!

Back to today's card. I used the Joy to the Woods stamp set and matching dies. When I saw the sketch over at My Favourite Things I immediately saw the vertical lines as the trees from the stamp set. Maybe because I was staring at the stamp set on my desk. Anyhow... I took a liberal approach to the sketch, so you can see the general elements, but it's not a very literal interpretation. Let's call it artistic freedom. I absolutely loved, loved, loved the colours over at Colour Me...! this week. I love the combo of the yellow, orange and red grass that I cut using the Lawn Fawn Grassy border die. Funnily enough, I don't like the colour of any of those papers when I look at them alone (particularly the yellow) but somehow they look so great together. I'm also entering the Make My Monday challenge where the theme is Fall/Autumn Colours.



Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm cardstock Pillarbox Red, Hobbycraft 160 gsm three shades of Yellow, orange cardstock from my stash, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Real Red (for the sentiment), Tim Holtz distress ink Spiced Marmelade (for the fox footprints) Stampin' Write Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie marker, Copic Y19, R24 and E34 for colouring the trees and critters
Other: Lawn Fawn dies Joy to the Woods, Grassy border

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous images - what a great card - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card - I can see why you HAD to have those stamps! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.