Wednesday 10 September 2014

CASEing some more


I had so much fun doing my previous challenge for CASEing the Catty that I decided to make another card.I'm so disappointed with myself that I have missed the first 7 challenges of the series! It was hard to choose another project, as I wanted to try to recreate pretty much all of the cards in the Card Giving section (page 102-143). In the end I settled on page 115 where I found a great card with the "colour the chalkboard stamp with markers" technique (yes, of course that's the official name of the technique...). 

Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue 2014-2015 page 115
I don't have the great Friends Who Know stamp (although I know who I would make a card for using the stamp should I have it) so I used the only chalkboard type stamp I have - from the Chalk Talk set. I also don't have the Chalk Lines stamp set (would love it though) so I had to come up with a replacement for that too, and settled for the new photopolymer stamp set Show&Tell 2. And finally, I also realised I don't have a single black and white DSP, so I created my own using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I think you can certainly see where the inspiration for this card has come from, but at the same time I have put my own little twist on it. I didn't see any rule saying you can only participate with one contribution to the challenge, so I'm submitting this as my second card for the challenge, and can't wait for the next one. I was photographing in rather challenging afternoon sunshine so the small detail photo shows the colours a bit more correctly than the overall photo.


Cardstock: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
Stamps: Stampin' Up Chalk Talk, Show&Tell 2, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Pool Party, Stampin' Write markers in Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral
Other: Chalk Talk dies, scrap of DSP from Sycamore Street


3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So glad to hear you are enjoying the challenges. It really makes you look much more closely at the samples in the catty. Thanks for your enthusiasm in playing along at CTC. Love the colourful chalkboard look.

Becky said...

Just love the chalkboard look- thanks for joining us at CTC!

AB. said...

Your card looks FAB! Loving that chalkboard effect. Thanks for joining us at CTC this week. :)