Tuesday 23 September 2014

Welcome baby in pink


I love the cute little elephants in the Paper Smooches A Little Lovin set. They have seen their fair share of use already, and with a colour scheme like the one over at Just Us Girls, who could resist making another baby card. This time I use paper piecing for the little oliphants using the same papers as I used for the background. The layout is based on this week's My Favourite Things sketch challenge, which you can see I followed rather literally. I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is Tag it. 



Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Inks: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick
Stamps: Paper Smooches A Little Lovin
Paper: Docrafts Back to Basics III
Other: Stampin' Up Banner blast punch, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Nellies MultiFrames MFD020 die, Stampin' Up buttons subtles collection

6 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those little elephants are adorable! Love how you paper pieced them to match the rest of the card. Great design, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the cute little paper pieced elephants! What a perfect card to make with our challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Teresa Kline said...

hi! this is precious, luv the pink! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anonymous said...

Love the floating hearts and those adorable pieced elephants!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls!

PaperDoll said...

I love the way the Momma Elephant blunts right into the patterned paper of the doily background. I don't think I would've tried doing this before, but now I will! Great idea!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable paper pieced images! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!