Tuesday 16 September 2014

Shabby chic flower card


If you follow my blog, or even drop in here randomly, it should be rather apparent that I'm a huge fan of crafting challenges. I have to say I'm not a very faithful challenge participant, as I flutter from challenge to challenge. I have a list of about thirty or so challenges I follow, and if I find that week's challenge inspiring, I will open it in a tab in my browser and keep it there until I have participated (or until I realise the challenge deadline has passed and once again I missed it...). This way every time I look at my browser I can have a quick look at all the ongoing challenges I would like to participate in, and find inspiration every time I sit down to craft. However, I think I have gone from enthusiast to addict... I think it's time to admit I have a problem. Currently I have fifteen tabs with challenge blogs open, and I want to participate in them all. I think it's time to accept that I just can't do all the challenges I want to, and sadly have to skip a few again this week. Sob!! But I have combined a few challenges when looking for inspiration for this card.

The first inspiration is the Viva La Verve challenge, which this week is both a sketch and colour challenge. I adore the sketch, and I managed to use some stuff from my stash to complete the card as the pink background panel was originally made for another card but it didn't work so it has been hanging around in my stash box for a while now and I'm sure is very relieved to have managed to finally make it onto a card. I distressed the edges by running a pari of sharp scissors back and forth, and used some sanding paper over the embossed image to distress it even further. I very rarely do shabby chic as I'm more of a clean edges kind of gal, but it's always fun to do something different from time to time.

I am also entering the card in the STAMPlorations September challenge where the theme is Stamps and Markers as the flower panel was stamped and I have coloured it with Tim Holtz Distress markers and a AquaFlo brush. I also sprayed the flower panel with Perfect Pearls for a subtle shine, although it doesn't show very well in the photo. 


Card: Craft UK kraft card, Tim Holtz Distress Coredinations card stock
Paper: Stampin' Up Patterns Stack - Brights Collection
Stamps: The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady Jumbo background stamp (free with the March 2014 issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine), Stampin' Up Tiny Tags
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress markers
Other: Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, Embossing folder Cuttlebug script, Pink ribbon from my stash

3 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. I love the white embossed flowers and the colors. Great textures too.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Very pretty with all those textures and that wonderful pink bow! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

maria f. said...

Such a lovely result coloring those blooms with markers. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.