Sunday 7 September 2014

Fresh Vintage in Fresh Colours



I own my fair share of embossing folders, but don't get around to using them nearly enough. So for my last few cards, I have tried to incorporate dry embossing. It does give great texture to backgrounds which would be boring otherwise. I have also tried to spend some more time on each card and stamp something inside the card and on the envelope as well to give the whole set a more elaborate finish.



I absolutely loved the colours and photo from this week's ColourQ challenge, and the photo immediately inspired me to use the Fresh Vintage stamp set, it's perfect for colouring using markers. And I decided that a large background panel in Strawberry Slush would be perfect when embossed with a flowery folder. Strawberry Slush is one of my absolute favourite Stampin' Up Colours, it's simply the perfect shade of pink so I was thrilled to have it incorporated in the colour challenge. For the layout I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for inspiration. I am also submitting the card to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Stamp It to celebrate Stamptember and the STAMPlorations September challenge where the theme is Stamps and Markers as I coloured the stamp using markers.






Cardstock: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Navy, Stampin' Up card in Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White
Stamps: Stampin' Up Fresh Vintage, Bloomin' Marvelous
Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz and Strawberry Slush
Other: Stampin' Up Basic Pearls coloured with Sharpies, Embossing folder Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Enchanted 

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful....this was one of my favorite SAB sets and I love how you used the colors on it. Nice to have the inside stamped as well! Thanks so much for playing with our CQC challenge this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the markers - I can never get the color on good enough - Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

Amy White said...

What a sweet card - love the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty and feminine and your stamping looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Heidi's special birthday blog hop
hugs
Mandy xx

Debra James said...

Love your card- love your colouring. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations.