Monday 20 October 2014

Bloom with Hope in Real Red


Today's card is just a simple sweet little thing. I used a few flowers I coloured in my "remote office" that I had set up in our car when I joined the Culinary Consultant for a day out on Saturday for his wheelie course I got him for his birthday. It was quite a dramatic day as one of the participants ended up falling off his bike, dislocating his shoulder and breaking his humerus. Luckily it wasn't anything worse, as the fall looked quite bad and the bike ended up rolling over him. In the end he had to be taken away in an ambulance.

So back to today's card. I had prepared for a day in my makeshift car office by stamping lots of images, and I took my stash of Copics with me. So there I sat in the car, with the Great British Bakeoff Masterclass on the iPad, a cooler bag full of sandwiches, some yummy Finnish biscuits and a whole lot of images to colour and cut. Among those were these gorgeous flowers from the Stampin' Up Bloom with Hope hostess set. I used the lovely colours from this week's Color Throwdown. I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for inspiration for the layout. 


In addition to the flowers I used a notecard from a Stampin' Up DSP called Fan Fair. The sentiment stamp is from a set called Vintage Verses and I also added a die cut border. I added the same flower and scalloped border inside the card. 


Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
DSP: Stampin' Up Fan Fair, Summer Smooches
Stamps: Stampin' Up Bloom with Hope, Vintage Verses
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Real Red
Colouring: Copics R02, R24, R46, Y13, YR00 
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Vintage Lace


5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful use of the colors and the sketch...this is sooo pretty!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

Broni said...

Very pretty card! I just love your flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful card. The flowers are so vibrant and I love the post card background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sue said...

So pretty. Great job on the flowers! Love it

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so lovely! Your flowers are just beautiful - these colours work so well with this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!