Thursday 30 October 2014

You can't have too much moose


I loved the Retro Sketch this week so much that I made another card for it after the one I submitted yesterday. This is actually the first card I was making for the sketch but discarded it as failed. I initially tried to make a 6x6 in card, but it just didn't work. Unwilling to give up my cute moose I had so lovingly coloured with Copics, I decided to give it a second try a a 4x4 in card. So I resized the DSP panels a bit and rounded the edges. All of a sudden it looked much better. I also stamped the speech bubble onto the beige card, as I had first made it white and it just didn't work. 

Lesson of the day. If at first you don't succeed, just try, try, try again. I'm also entering this card at Clear it Out Challenge where the theme is Orange and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and The Pink Elephant Challenge where Anything Goes.



Card: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card beige, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Creatures in the Arctic, Stampin' Up Just Sayin'
Ink: Tsukineko Memeneto Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango
Colouring: Copics E24, E34, E39
Paper: Stampin' Up Sweater Weather DSP
Other: Lawn Fawn Creatures in the Arctic dies

3 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

Great sketch and the card is so cute...Join us again @ CIO challenge blog
<((><

Inkyfingers said...

I like both the cards you made with the same sketch and I love the colouring of the moose and that wonderful sentiment!
Hugs
Carol x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, that Moose is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx