Tuesday 22 September 2015

Fall in the forest


I think there is no denying that we are properly into autumn now. Leaves are turning into those golden autumnal colours, plums and figs are done and the pears are getting perfectly ripe. It's getting chilly in the mornings, I have added an extra shirt on top of my PJs at night and evenings are getting dark by the time I make it home. I know I should be embracing it all, but I just miss the light. Days seem so short now. And it will only get worse. But it's less than 100 days to Christmas, and then it will start getting lighter again! And I know this autumn will bring with it some changes, which is always exciting.

There are so many autumn themed challenges out there right now. And only the other day my order of the super cute Critters In the Forest arrived, so inspired by the sketch over at Viva La Verve I made this little autumn watercolour scene. I so love to watercolour with my Tim Holtz Distress markers, and the colours are so perfect for an autumn card. I made a banner using a Stampin' Up DSP with autumn leaves. 

I would like to link up with the following challenges:
Addicted to CAS - Leaves 
Make My Monday - Nature
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp and blog hop 
Our Creative Corner - Shades of Autumn
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas/Halloween/Fall
Let's Craft and Create -Dies or Punches
Crafting Musketeers - Autumnal Colours
Animal Friends Challenge - Forest Animals
That's Crafty - Lovely Leaves
Viva la Verve Sketches

Card: 300 gsm white linen card, Daler & Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine Watercolour paper
DSP: Stampin' Up Colour Me Autumn
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters In the Forest
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress markers
Other: Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello dies, Stitched Journaling Card die

8 comments:

Dreja said...

Ein großartiges Werk. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

Joan said...

Lovely card with such sweet animals!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Sue said...

A lovely fall card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

anja curvers said...

A very pretty fall card but it's not really CAS I think. Anyway thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

Bhavana said...

nice. great card design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

Michelle said...

The perfect Autumn scene! So cute!! I love the way you've colored it. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing your sweet card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Julia S-W said...

A gorgeous card with a lovely layout. Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x