Thursday 24 September 2015

One layer forest critters


I am convinced that my newly minted theory about creativity and exercise holds true. They are inversely correlated. I have been more or less living in my craft room this week (apart from the dreary interruptions of work) and lots of cards have been born. At the same time, my trousers are feeling very tight... 

Today's card is inspired by several wonderful challenges. First of all it's inspired by the One Layer theme over at Lawnscaping, I do love the stamping and masking technique, and I had a really great time creating this little scene. I was also inspired by the Forest Friends theme over at The Card Concept.  Additionally, I'm linking up at Make My Monday where the theme is nature, Inspiration Emporium where the theme is Happy (Happy Fall! in addition to working with these critters and watercolours which also makes me happy), Fan-Tastic Tuesday where the theme is Colour me Autumn and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is No Pattered Paper. And who would need any when you can create your own scene!



Although the stamping, masking and colouring of the card are quite intricate and took quite a while, it was very simple to make. I always start out by stamping the scene onto a scrap piece of paper to make sure I get the order of stamping right, what is supposed to be behind what. At the same time I stamp and fussy cut all the masks I need. Then I stamped the scene in Antique Linen Distress ink, and used distress markers for watercolouring and creating that no-line look. I only realised at the end that I hadn't even thought about putting in a sentiment, so I just stamped it in the corner in Ground Espresso distress ink, as I thought a black sentiment would be too harsh.

Card: Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine Watercolour paper
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Forest, Joy to the Woods, Violet's ABCs, Happy Everything
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies 

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 104 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Arlene K said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet!!Your no line coloring is just lovely!! I haven't been brave enough to try this yet:P but you rocked it! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Debbie Mageed said...

So cute! Wonderful job coloring!

Jingle said...

Oh, how CUTE! This is such a great scene that you put together! Thank you so much for playing along with the No Patterned Paper Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Unknown said...

I love your card! How you met all the themes for the various challenges shows that you are such a creative and insightful card maker--but then, you probably already knew that...:-)

Kerin said...

Awww, what a sweet scene you've created! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

LauraJane:) said...

Lovely forest scene, I like the soft colors you have used. Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazing card! Love the watercoloring card!