Thursday 17 September 2015

Spritzed rainbow tag


It's funny how you never know which one of all those weird and wonderful projects you have in your head will work when they are transferred to the real world. Today I made one project that just wouldn't work, no matter how I tried to force it. And then there was this one, which didn't take me long at all to create, but somehow it just turned out better than it did in my head. 

If you have been reading a few of my latest posts, you will not have been able to miss the big news that I finally managed to make my Tim Holtz spritzer tool work (after it's been sitting in the back of the craft room cupboard for over a year due to it's users inability to work this highly complex piece of crafting equipment...). I promise I will get over my spritzing frenzy soon... For another card, I had been slightly playing with the idea of creating a tag shaped stencil and spraying through it to create a background, but it didn't work for that one. Browsing for inspiration, I came across the STAMPlorations CASE Playground, where the September CASE was the cutest ever tag from Gail from The Crafty Nomad. By the way, this tag made me realise to my shock and horror that I don't have a single pig stamp. This great injustice has to be remedied immediately. 

Anyhow, back to today's card. Inspired by the whole tag idea, in another inspiration post I also came across the beautiful rainbow coloured flower card from Maria, and the amalgamation of the two resulted in my rainbow coloured spritzed background. As I was planning to make a one layer card, I used a linen textured cardstock to add some interest, and a stitched die to cut the front panel of the card. All that was needed after that was just one of the gorgeous flower stamps from STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches and a combination of sentiments from Bloom Sketches and Floral Bliss. First, I was going to stamp the flower onto a separate piece of cardstock and colour it with watercolours and fussy cut it, but I just didn't want to cover up those gorgeous colours. I've said it before and I will probably say it again and again and again... rainbow is my favourite colour!

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
STAMPlorations CASEplorations - September
STAMPlorations - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - Love This Technique (stencilling, spritzing - my new fav! and one layer design)
Addicted to Stamps - Make your mark (spritzing done with distress markers)
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Flower as focal point



Card: Linen textured 300 gsm white card, black 300 gsm card 
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches, Floral Bliss
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress markers Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves, Mermaid Lagoon, Shaded Lilac, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber
Other: Lawn Fawn Tag Your It, Stitched Rectangle dies

5 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you spritzed your rainbow colors a tag that framed the pretty floral bouquet. Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

Rahmat said...

Love the texture of the card base, and the delicate flowers! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Sandra said...

So fun. Love the colorful spritzer tag in the background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

maria f. said...

"Amalgamation"! Love that. But it truly is. What a clever design you came up with. Glad to see you in the CASE Playground!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cool and clever, you spritzed tag! I might manage to do one of those too (will file that idea in the back of my mind....) - tags are not my forte....Isn't it funny how those quick cards often turn out to be the best! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!