Monday 14 September 2015

Quickie crazy bird


What is a girl to do when she gets home and discoveres there is 1h38mins left on a challenge she was planning to play along with? Give up and look for other challenges? Of course not. Instead she will get into full gear crafting mode asap, and even manage to get a sub-par-quality photo in the fading evening light, and submit the card to said challenge with several minutes to spare! It must be my new Shaun the Sheep shirt I bought and am now wearing. Nothing says inspiration like a shirt full of Shaun the Sheep. 

The inspiration for this card was this week's Freshly Made Sketch (but don't plan to play along unless you can create a card in minutes). I was also inspired by the (also soon coming to it's deadline) ColourQ challenge. Third, I was inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (which was only published today, so plenty of time to play along with that one!!) which is Love This Technique. I have managed to work in not one, not two, but three favourite techniques. First and foremost, my love of watercolouring. Second, stencilling. And third, my newly found love for the Tim Holtz Spritzing tool (if you didn't read yesterday's post, I  have FINALLY mastered the spritzing tool. Only took me a year to get it, duuuuh!). Now that I got it, I'm spritzing away to make up for lost time. I used a lovely STAMPlorations stencil to create the background for the cheery little fellow. Wonder why he is so blue... or should I say purple? Last but not least I would also like to link up with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, where the theme is colouring.




Card: White 300 gsm card, white 300 gsm hammered card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-on Jet Black, Tim Holtz distress markers Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves, Fried Brick, Victorian Velvet
Stamps: Tim Holtz Bird Crazy and matching dies, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles, STAMPlorations Tribal stencil, Tim Holtz Spritzer tool

10 comments:

Karren said...

I love these birds - they just make me smile! And you've made a wonderful card - especially in such a short time frame :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing cuter than a crazy bird! Love this! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! You've created a fabulous card in an hour and 38 minutes! I love that bird! Such great colouring and I love the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

So glad you were able to get this wonderful card in to all your challenges on time. I love your water coloring, and you have given that bird so much personality. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love your background, perfect with your fun crazy bird, Cathy x

Loll said...

You work well under pressure!! :) LOVE this card. That crazy bird couldn't look any better. Great in purple, and love that stenciled and spritzed background. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Chrissie said...

What a fun image coloured in fabulous shades... I love him!
Thanks for joining in HLS CAS challenge
Chrissie

Maura said...

Such a fun card, I do love those birds! Great techniques, I love those too! Thanks for joining us for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

Neets B said...

Your bird is coloured wonderfully and he looks great over the stencilled background. The stencilled pattern kind of follows his angles, perfect!
Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Daria said...

Just perfect! TFS.